Friday, October 30, 2009

...Twits Shouldn't Tweet...

I admit it. I once tried Twitter.

I don't tweet anymore and I haven't even been reading the tweets from the people I've been following but there was a time when I did check it out just to see what all the fuss was about.

I signed up to follow a couple celebs that I like to keep up with, but I  thought my page looked odd being completely blank, so I "tweeted" something . Then something else.

And after the third one I thought, "Who the heck am I talking to?"

I should have known better than to sign up for something that couldn't be completely deleted but at least there's the private function. I hope it actually works.

If there is anything positive about Twitter, it's the ability for fans to follow celebs and organizations and keep informed and (somewhat) communicate.  I once sent a tweet to  a company after a bad run in at their website followed by a worse run in with customer service. My problem was resolved later that same day. Nice.

And the negatives? Aside from the obvious...
  • I object to the term, and refused to be called a "follower"
  • Reading tweets is sometimes like listening in on one half of a conversation that's not any of your business anyway.
  • Fake celeb pages. Yes, I accidentally followed one of those.
  • Real celeb pages. But only when they reveal that celeb might be boring, obnoxious, or an idiot.
That last one can be heartbreaking.


On that note, a word from one of my favorite vloggers...

Man, I love this guy. If I still used it, I would totally follow him on Twitter.


Song stuck in my head right now (as shameful as it is to admit): Lil Jon f/ Pharrell and the Ying Yang Twins, "Stick That Thang Out"

No comments:

Post a Comment