Sunday, January 9, 2011

...If You're Feeling Froggy- - Leap!...

On my drive to work there is one section of the road that has this mild, somewhat blind, curve on it that turns into death alley anytime there's a drop of snow on it.

The speed limit on this particular stretch of road is 45 mph. On this particular day I was doing about 35 as I approached it and slowing to maybe 25 as I neared this curve since it was snowing. I guess the immediate three cars behind me had had enough because they jumped over into the next lane all at once.

Good for them!

If your car and perceived driving skills are so much greater than mine, then don't let my caution stop you. One of them gave me an angry honk as the caravan of speeders passed me by. I think it was the guy in the blue truck, but I couldn't say for sure.

Still when I passed the blue truck facing the wrong direction and piled up with the other two cars as I slowly, carefully and safely made my way through the icy turn, I gave them a polite toot on my car horn as I drove on by.

The lesson is four wheel drive does NOT make you more powerful than nature. And if you still don't believe me, ask these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment