Wednesday, January 12, 2011

...We Persevere...

The assassination attempt on Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford is going to be overanalyzed to bits and pieces for the next few however long.

The headlines say, “who is to blame?”

I say, “Who knows?”

I don’t know when finger-pointing has ever resolved an issue so I don’t bother.

We all have a responsibility in this. We owe each other to listen, and really hear. We owe each other to care more, and to do the right thing. It’s important that we look ahead and move toward the light. And it’s important that we peak around corners to see if there’s anyone in the dark that needs help toward the light.

I hope this doesn’t become an opportunity for politicians to remain or otherwise become further detached from the people they were elected to serve, and I hope this doesn’t vilify and stigmatize the mentally ill.

Ultimately I wish Ms. Gifford a full recovery, peace of mind to those that had to experience this event, and comfort to the family and friends of those victims that did not survive this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment