Sunday, June 3, 2012

...You Will if You Believe You Will...

I sobbed hysterically.

I am overwhelmed and exhausted with hearing about craziness and crime and people just being butt-monkeys, so it was a pleasant surprise to find a link to something positive. I’m not sure when I started bawling but wow, this video really flipped on the waterworks for me.

This is the story of Matt W. who despite being given the option to sit out field day at his elementary school, chose to run the full two laps. When he starts to slow down he’s shown the most amazing amount of support from his gym teacher and classmates.

Oh, and minor but critical point: Matt has spastic cerebral palsy.

I tell myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to doing but it’s easy to forget when you’re in the middle of whine-fest.

Don’t ever say you can’t, because you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment