Wednesday, July 11, 2012

... A Funny Thing Happened...

I’m late as usual, and it’s not like I matter but I must say, I like him even more now.

I’m so tired of all the liars in my life; honesty is the balm.

I live daily with the pain of secrets. And it’s surprising how often I share this with people and instead of encouraging me to set myself free, they remind me that I am strong enough to hold it. I wonder.

It’s funny what happens when you write things down.  Did you see it?

I wrote “set myself free” … An accidental reminder that it’s up to me I guess. It’s hard to do without help or a little support sometimes. Even harder to do when people are working so hard to make sure you don’t get it done.

If misery loves company why don’t miserable people stick to their own kind? There are more than enough of you to go around, you don’t need to recruit new members.

Anyway, I know what it’s like to have people crap on you just for being who you are and feeling like you aren’t allowed to be yourself because people wouldn’t understand.

Those people are stupid. But they are loud and forceful, so we just have to do the best we can.

I say this a lot but it never stops being true: Be nice to you; You are your own best thing.

Frank Ocean performing “Bad Religion” on the Jimmy Fallon Show. Wow. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment