Sunday, August 5, 2012

..."I Will Lower My Head"...

That might be one of the best lines ever delivered in a movie in a long time.

I had been so busy, my Netflix were collecting dust. But not since Pixar's Up have I been so glad that I made a last minute decision to go ahead and watch a movie before I sent it back.

It was late, and I told myself I'd only watch the first 10 or 15 minutes to get an idea about it then turn it off.

A half hour later, I decided to watch just the first hour and go to bed.

About two hours in I was crying my head off. (Darn you George Chen!)

The Flowers of War is one of the most beautiful, heart-wrenching, most extraordinary movies I've seen in a long time.

There is some very graphic war violence in this film as it takes place in 1937 during the Nanking Massacre (frequently referred to as The Rape of Nanking) so it's not for the kiddies, or possibly the squeamish.

Still, this is really a wonderful story about understanding, love, incredible strength, and sacrifice.

The performances are awesome and the story is magnificent.

Make a snack and settle in. Many, many thanks to luckyday1984 for the upload

No comments:

Post a Comment