Wednesday, October 17, 2012

...That's Some Leap...

I tried to think of a time in my life where I had to step outside my comfort zone, really trust myself, trust the situation, and possibly trust others, and jump right in.


I couldn’t think of one.

I’m sure there has to have been one but I can’t recall it at the moment.

Plus it’s no secret that I’m more of the sort of gal who wades in slowly.

Years of being the back- up plan for the failed attempts of so many others and not really having anything outside of myself as a back -up plan for me tends to make one cautious. I don’t know which wears you down more- being landed on, or not having a place to land- but both can be pretty damaging if you experience them enough.

Sometimes I hate myself for it. Sometimes I’m glad I do it.

Still it must be nice to be able to take a deep breath, step into the majestic unknown, experience the excitement, the uncertainty, the exhilaration and the euphoria, then land coolly on your feet.

That’s some leap.


World perspective -


I catch my breath and then… I wish I may, I wish I might….

I’m still not there yet but it doesn’t mean I won’t ever be. As a good friend once said to me, “Too long in one spot will blister your keister!”

I get it. I promise. This is our lifetime.

Peaceful Journey, MMN, you sleep now. From this world to the next you will remain in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment