Sunday, May 26, 2013

... That *Was* the Voice...


I was sad to see Josiah Hawley leave The Voice this past week, but I was really mad to see Kris Thomas get the boot.

Josiah didn’t have the strongest vocal ability but he had an interesting sound and he had stage presence that no one, especially the ladies, could ignore. He was certainly a better singer than at least two other people I can think of still in the running. Watching Josiah perform makes you smile.



My dear Kris was something  special.  I turn my back to the TV during the blind auditions for the full effect and I loved his voice. Any chick that could take on a Whitney Houston song and sound like that has my vote. Turns out that lady was a dude.



Not since my early introduction to Enchantment’s Gloria had I been so enthusiastically befuddled. I was confused, and I liked it.
 

 
But  I should have known early on that he wouldn’t win since the old school soul sounding singers might get far, but never quite far enough.

There are a few good people left, but I have my flag up for one in particular.

I tell you, if Michelle Chamuel  gets voted off, I don’t know if there will be another reason for me to keep watching…except maybe to see if Pharrell pops up again. (Hint to producers should they need a coach replacement. He’s pretty good, and no one will miss Christina shooting down contestants not on her team)



…except maybe to see if Pharrell pops up again. (Hint to producers should they need a coach replacement. He’s pretty good, and no one will miss Christina shooting down contestants not on her team)



And those coach and team performances would completely rock (even if it's more coach than team)-



Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment